So today this happened....

my baby did her final walk through at school in her cap and gown.
So many in her class mean the world to me, they are just like my own kids since they have grown up in my house with weekend stays, hangouts after ball games, summer fun in the sun. Today it became a little more real that as this door closes for her it does for me too. I'm no longer the mom that volunteers at that school; 15 years of holding a executive position in one form or another. I think I'm going to miss it before she does. I sit and wonder what is the next chapter for her but also for me. I know that for all 3 of my children, I will always be mom. But the role of mom is changing. With one 24 working in the oil field, one 20 almost 21 in the military, & now our baby starting college next semester my roll of always needing to be there is changing. They are growing into great young adults. I keep praying for them to stay on the path that God sets & that they will always be true to themselves. The questions is "What now, for me?" My house isn't going to need as much attention since one is only there 2 weeks out of the month, one is unsure of how often he will be home, and the other will be living in the dorm. I will have more time to quilt/sew on projects, read books, and garden. And I know that the next stage will be as exciting as this last one has been. I can't wait to see what God has in store for them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joys & Sorrow

A time such as this

Whew, finally back!