A New Season in the works

As my daughter starts her last week of high school, I too will graduate. All of my babies are done! This means I am too. I have been with them supporting them since my oldest was in Pre-K at FBCCM in Mrs. Libby's class. Helping with field trips, decorating floats, class parties, etc. I can tell you that it has been an amazing journey. My job has been volunteering at their school. And now a new season is about to start! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm not sure what to do now, but I'm open to whatever the Lord has in store. My mother was a single mother and worked 2; sometimes 3 jobs in order to make sure that we had what we needed. I was the child that searched to see if she was able to make it to whatever it was that was happening. She tried to make it to everything but there were just times it just didn't work out. I never wanted my kids to have that same feeling of standing on stage searching or being the one child that stayed after a program because there wasn't anyone to sign me out of school. So I made it my mission to be there for everything my children did, and be their biggest cheerleader. I can say that I can count on one hand how many events I missed. Unfortunately, both events belonged to my middle son. Good reason, but still. I missed his senior band trip during spring break to Disney due to his sister having brain surgery to remove a tumor and I missed his junior championship indoor drum line competition due to emergency gallbladder surgery. I was lucky enough to have some great moms fill in for me, take pictures, cheer from the stands for him, and even make sure that he heard his name from the stands. So to the parents of young kids; volunteer! Join the PTO/PTA, help in your child's classroom, encourage them to join clubs at school, after school activities like ball, bowling, archery, the local drama theater and support them helping to make the program better by volunteering your time, talent, and gifts. The 13 years they are in school will gone by in a flash; enjoy it and don't miss a minute of it! I can tell you that you will receive a blessing as much as being one. As this season of my life is coming to an end, I know the next season will be even better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joys & Sorrow

A time such as this

Whew, finally back!